From: McKown, John <john.mck...@healthmarkets.com>
Subject: WLM question - delayed due to CPUCAPPED
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 5:00 PM

There is a field in Mainview for z/OS which shows me that a slow running job
was delayed to "CPUCAP". Does anybody really know exactly what that means? We
are using Group Capacity to control our software costs. Is this PRSM and WLM
working together to cap the LPAR? Or is this just some WLM delay due to another
job in the same service class getting all the allowed CPU? This service class
in NOT in a Resource Group.

John McKown
Systems Engineer IV
IT

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell