On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:21:40 -0400, Pinnacle
<pinnc...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> ... If there is not enough
>space in the dataset, you can do an ADDCYL or ADDTRK, and
>PDS will dynamically create another extent.  Not sure if VTAM can
> tolerate that, but you'll find out soon enough ;-)

It's been a long time since I've seen a VTAMLST allocated with
secondary extents so I don't remember the last time I ran into
that.   I'd be surprised if VTAM did not close and reopen VTAMLST
when it runs into the "beyond the end of extent" problem, but I've
been surprised before.  Our VTAMLSTs have so little in them now
that there's no hope of running into the end of extents ever again
... especially when my "ever again" is only about 3 more days.  :-)

Pat O'Keefe