*
Has anyone experienced no NIP console and no MASTER console with an IBM
2074 ?
*
During a D/R exercise the NIP console failed to appear on the PCOM emulator.
It was available at the HMC software console. The IPL proceeded using the
HMC console and after the Communication Server was started, the Master
Console appeared on the PCOM emulator and is working fine.
*
I have not found any reason why this would occur. Configuration displays and
HCD definitions seem normal and unchanged from previous successful IPLs. I
hope someone has had the same experience and can point me to a possible
answer.
*
This is a two lpar system. The other lpar, on the same 2074, has not
experienced this failure.
*