From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:09 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: mainframe e-mail with attachments

We have been using XMITIP for years and have been very satisfied. We
send a lot out every day.

Something to consider, however, is that we found that email delivery of
critical reports to customers to be unacceptable. Our side worked
perfectly, but we found full mailboxes, people out of the office,
reports too large, accidental deletion, broken PC's, etc, etc, etc. That
is, we had no control over the far end and yet we still got beat up when
the reports were delayed/lost.

And that was before the requirement to encrypt sensitive data.