From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Ulrich Krueger
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 4:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: mainframe e-mail with attachments

Eileen,
to answer your question "How does it know which  node to connect to" ...
SAS Email, by default, connects via TCPIP to the SMTP port of LOCALHOST.
That would normally be your SMTP task on zOS. If that's not available, see
SAS Option EMAILHOST=... (that SMTP server must accept unencrypted email via
the regular SMTP port number)

Regards,
Ulrich Krueger