----- Original Message ----
From: R.S. r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl

> The following scenario: z10, z/OS 1.9, several LPARs.
> I just modified my IODF. Added CF LPAR and connected it using just-added
> ICP channels to existing OS LPAR (X). I used "candidate" LPAR (named '*').

>Question: can I activate the changes dynamically ?

Radoslaw,

I did it at our shop with a less modern HW/SW combination than yours. We had
a z890 with 3 LPARs in basic Sysplex, z/OS 1.7 on all but the sandbox LPAR, at
1.9 level.
We had to add our 4th LPAR and we wanted to avoid a POR.

I can't tell you if activating dynamically a CF-like LPAR differs from
activating a OS-like one,
but can't see why it should be different.

You can surely find more details in 'z/OS Planned Outage Avoidance Checklist'

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247328.html?Open

HTH.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer