In <4ae0666f.8489.00d...@joann.com>, on 10/22/2009
   at 02:04 PM, Scott Rowe <scott.r...@joann.com> said:

>When it comes to PCs, I just order the parts and build it myself, it
>certainly not rocket science.  Any of this August group who have any
>hardware knowledge should be able to build a PC easily, and that way you
>don't have to compromise on hardware - you get exactly what you need,
>instead of some generic box that is more or less than you need.

Every time someone says "I don't believe in theories", another theory
dies. Ignoring issues of clumsiness and skinned knuckles, getting what you
want isn't as easy as it should be, because vendors buy whatever is
cheapest on the spot market. Not only don't you know that an order
identical to one you sent yesterday will be filled with the same parts,
you don't even know whether multiple instances on the same order will be
filled with the same parts.