At 13:41 +0800 on 10/29/2009, David Stephens wrote about Re: What SVCs are in use?:

Good point Robert. SVC109 is for Type 3, 116 for type 1, 122 for type 2,
137 for type 6.

I always thought that there was another SVC table pointed to by the SVC
table entries for SVC 109, 116 etc., but can't see any hard evidence in
the Data Areas manuals. There is a cryptic reference to an ESR table
entry at offset 6 of SVCTABLE, but I can't make much sense out of it.

My memory is that for SVC 116, SVC122, and SVC 137, the IGCxxx SVCs are linked into the Nucleus and the numbers that you place in Register 15 are assigned by IBM (I think that only IBM is allowed to have this type of ESR SVC). Thus the access is via VCON Tables in IGC116/IGC122/IGC137 respectively.

As for the Type 3/4 SVCs accessed via SVC109, you place 000XXYYY into Register 15 to call load XX of ESR SVC YYY (ie: Load Module names IGXxxyyy just like the normal Type 3/4 SVCs that are named IGCxxyyy). SVC109 does the accessing for you and has a built-in list of assigned ESR T3/4 SVCs (it will do an ABEND if passed an unassigned YYY). These YYY numbers are assigned to ISV Vendors upon request.