From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
van der Grijn, Bart (B)
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 1:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: problem w/ data stream to System Operator console at ipl

Our standard procedure is to use LOAD rather then activate for a normal
IPL, so I might be missing how this works. However, I always thought the
Activate of an object does whatever it needs to do to get the object in
the desired state, but nothing more. If nothing changes in your
activation profile for this LPAR, is there really anything for the
Activate to do? Did it really try to IPL?

You have the problem with just the one LPAR. Can it be that you're not
changing the profile for this LPAR while you are for the other LPARs?

Bart