I would just keep using it.  Unsupported just means you won't be able to
open a new APAR or PMR for a problem.  BookMaster is well documented
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/EDF01A02
and has been thoroughly used within IBM and many other large customers for
years.
It's stable.  Nobody has added to it or changed it recently, so I would
think you are unlikely to run into any new bugs.  BookMaster is basically a
set of profiles and macros and fonts to use with DCF.  DCF itself is still
supported.   If you want to stick to supported software only, DCF does
contain it's own Starter Set GML which is a simpler set of tags that you can
use like BookMaster.  The Starter Set GML tags won't do everything
BookMaster does, but they might be enough for most things.
See http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/DSM0PA04

--Roger Bolan

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Peter Vander Woude <pwo...@harristeeter.com