On 16 Nov 2009 11:37:23 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<listserv%200911161336217871.0...@bama.ua.edu>) martin.kl...@yrcw.com (Martin Kline) wrote:

If it were my code and I still supported it, then I'd rewrite it to use the 'preferred' macro interfaces.

On 16 Nov 2009 12:24:03 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<c648d10634943c4891f7085d0dad806b579d6...@usmbx06.aafes.com>) elli...@aafes.com (Elliot, David) wrote:

If I was made "responsible" for this something like this I would start by examining exactly what services are provided by the subsystem and then see how they could be replaced.

And this research and coding would be done in your copious spare time?

There's also this: If the original code fails, you have to fix it. If it fails after you change *anything*, you'll also get blamed for the failure.

I'm not saying that changing the code is wrong. I am saying there are valid reasons to leave running code alone.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com