I did consider that when I replied, but decided to ignore that option in
order to keep the response simple. Thanks for adding Ted.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 13:06
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: increase central storage to an lpar

>The only way to add storage is to update the IMAGE profile for the LPAR
and then shut down the LPAR.
>Be sure to DEACTIVATE (from the HMC) the LPAR and then IPL.

There is another way, requiring pre-work, and one
deactivate/activate/re-IPL.

That's assigning reserved memory (RSVD).
How much depends on granularity, defined by how much memory is
installed.

See the PR/SM planning guide.

But, if you haven't set it up, it still requires a de/re-activate
sequence.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!