It is my understanding that the question refers to CICS attached printers,
so printing doesn't go to spool but CICS consider the printer as a type-3
terminal and "SEND" a map(s) to the printer. I believe that if the SNA
address is defined in SNA server / M$ HIS, the address can be routed to a
network printer (after converting ebcdic to ascii, etc.)

ITschak