Thanks for the comments so far.

1. yes, the loop is looking for the same module every time.

2. yes, it is called VERY often. And yes, there are many modules in the
LLE list (hundreds to thousands; this is a production IMS region with
virtually all the modules we have).

3. the loop is very small. I don't have the original source;
I looked at the load module and dis-assembled part of the code manually.
I know very well what the code is doing. And I already patched the loop
at first call, stored the load module address somewhere else and simply
loaded it from the saved address instead of looking it up from the LLE list.
This made the problem disappear. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put this
patch into production, because it changes the licensed part of software,
although at run time.

4. I'm not sure if the DELETE and LOAD again approach will work, because
it appears as if the entries in the LLE list are sorted by name !!!
I could imagine that there is nowadays kind of hash logic on the LLE list,
to improve search time when looking for a specific module. Maybe there
are some newer z/OS services, and the sequential lookup of the LLE list
is no longer needed. This would make sense to me - keep the old LLE list
for compatibility reason, but implement a better mechanism in parallel
(AVL tree or hash). Maybe some of the z/OS gurus on the list could throw
some light on this. If this was the case, I could maybe give the manufacturer of the software some suggestions, how to improve the search at no or low cost.

Kind regards

Bernd

Tony Lubrano schrieb:
Bernd,

When you say it is looking for a specific module, is it looking for the same
module every time it is called?

Tony Lubrano
Product Author
NEON Enterprise Software, LLC.