----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabriel Tully" <gjtu...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: Senior Java Developer vs. MVS Systems Programmer (warning: Conley rant)

On 2/20/2010 5:49 PM, Pinnacle wrote:

<snip>

Tom,

You are right, I shouldn't have attacked you. Sorry, I regretted sending the mail almost immediately. I hope you take it for what it was, a bad case of judgment and a fit of nerd-rage and not a personal attack on your adaptability or intent. I guess I'm frustrated about a lot of the same points you bring up.

<snip>

If you have gotten this far, let me apologize again for my crude earlier posts. I really do value your opinions and input.

Gabe,

Not often that I'm completely surprised. I opened your post with trepidation, then read it with relish. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and graciousness. I will respond to the meat of your post at a later date (long day, I'm beat). I have received some off-list responses regarding this issue, but I want to put out any flame war before it starts. We're cool, and there's no need for this to devolve into a discussion of anything but the z/OS career market.

Thanks,
Tom