On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 10:45 -0500, Gabriel Tully wrote:
> I agree that System z administration is getting easier and I think that
> is a good thing.

Until something breaks.  We dumb-down the workaday environment, lower
the expectations of management for the technical people, while the ones
with deep knowledge retire or are RIFfed into oblivion.  It doesn't take
much imagination to foresee a time when we will only have enough
expertise to reboot in an emergency -- just like the other MS-Windows
"sysadmins".

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.