On Sun, 2 May 2010 08:46:49 -0400 Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

:>I have a project to review all the virtual tapes in the VTS and see which
:>tape datasets could go on dasd.

:>I am using CA1 to get the LRECL, BLKSIZE and BLKCNT to determine how many
:>bytes are on the tape.  Then dividing that by the number of bytes per track
:>to get a rough estimate.

:>Is there a better way of doing this?  I have over 100,000 tapes to review
:>and I am trying to make sure I have a good process.

:>Or is there a different formula I should be using other than
:>     bytes = lrecl * blksize * blkcnt                (and if blkcnt = 0 I
:>set blkcnt = 1)

Right off the top, do not multiply lrecl by blksize. LRECL does not really
enter into the picture.

http://www.dissensoftware.com