W dniu 2010-06-02 22:13, Leitner, Timothy pisze:
All,

       Has anyone set up hardware alerts logged on the HMC that goes to a
monitoring system? We had an issue this morning where due to a storm; we
lost power for 3 seconds (noted in a hardware message on the HMC) and
then threw a couple breakers that took out our cooling. We also had a
hardware alert about 40 minutes later about exceeding max temperature
range. Our z9 kept running but we had a number of Intel servers that
suffered from the heat. The data center is un-manned during the night
and some how all the engineering alerts fell through the cracks.

Do we use HMC alerts facility? Yes, for years.

Did we noticed any storm? Yes <g>
Did we had power outage because of that? No, we use UPS. Very useful device.

BTW: I remember a story when cooling system went down, there was no monitoring of it, so 9672 sent "to hot" alarm to Montpellier (call home central in Europe), then CE called operators and asked about temperature...

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 118.763.528 zotych. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchway XXI WZ z dnia 16 marca
2008r., oraz uchway XVI NWZ z dnia 27 padziernika 2008r., moe ulec
podwyszeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym
BRE Banku SA bd w caoci opacone.