Well, the only thing that comes to my mind is to run an HLASM program
within your REXX code which would test the CIB chain (QEDIT macro) and,
if one exists, process the first MODIFY command and return the
parameters from it in REXX variables. You will likely need to have
another HLASM program to set the address space up to accept MODIFY
commands in the first place.

Thinking more about it, I might look at running an HLASM program as the
"main routine" so that it can set up the environment properly as well as
set up a SUBCOM environment. It would then invoke the IRXEXEC program to
set up and run the REXX code. The REXX code could then use the "ADDRESS
xyz" to get any pending data sent via the MODIFY command and process it.
You could also use this same functionality to write to the operator
console.

The above is not simple. I am not aware of any "builtin" REXX facilities
for z/OS console communications.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.