On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:07:20 -0400, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Someone asked me the question, and since we are having a good discussion, I
thought I would throw this out to the collective wisdom here.

>If there is a job with 200+ steps.  Is it better to have region coded at
the JOBCARD level or the STEP Level?

>I have heard various thoughts on this over the years and I am hoping for
some better clarification other than
>I think I remember that ....
>

>Lizette

The less JCL coding, the better.  And if you have system-exits that force
such limits, coding a value may have no impact.  Or if you have such small
default-value defined for jobs, that could also have in impact -- for
example, the minimum REGION required for a particular SAS conversion
required a JCL change, however instead the JCL parameter was removed
altogether.

However, do consider that 'assigned" JOB-level REGION, sets the max limit
for any subordinate job-step, unless an exit gets involved.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.