The International Astronomical Union uses the Julian Date / Time format.
0 was at January 1, 4713 BCE Greenwich noon, increments by 1 per day,
decimal fraction of day for time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_day

Various Gregorian calendar formats, including a list by country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_date

Displays a date in various calendar formats.  Links to many
explanations of various Calendars.
http://www.calendarhome.com/converter/

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA