On 2 Sep 2010 05:29:45 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>That's my feeling also.  In looking at the timeline on the Virginia
>Government web site, it looks like it took about 24 hours to do the full
>maintenance and repair of the EMC box.  It was up by the morning of the
>next day.  However, it took a week to get the data completely recovered.
>What took so long? What kind of backup/recovery procedures do they have
>in place?
Having been in on a couple of recovery actions due to major files
getting fouled up, I can believe that things could take up to a week.
I also remember the Royal Bank of Canada being fouled up for about 3
days with everybody's bank accounts being only sometimes accessible. I
was afflicted by this one.  There also are some fiascos that real-time
backup won't guard against.

Clark Morris