On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:35:40 -0500, Craig Kittendorf
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>  I've done this before but can't get it to work now.  I'm trying to pass an
>EXEC PARM field to a batch COBOL program.  I have the following:
>
> LINKAGE SECTION.
> 01  LS-PARM.
>     05 LS-PARM-DATA-LENGTH  PIC  9(04) BINARY.
>     05 LS-PARM-DATA         PIC X(100).
>PROCEDURE DIVISION USING LS-PARM.
>    DISPLAY '  ParmLen: ' LS-PARM-DATA-LENGTH.
>
>//STEP1    EXEC PGM=JDCXXXX,REGION=4M,PARM='JFIPJFIA'
>
>The parm length always displays as 1036 ( x'040C') and ls-parm-data is also
>garbage.  Guess I'm too tired to see what I'm missing.

Try PARM='/DATAHERE'. This has to do with COBOL runtime options.  But I can
never remember if user parm data follows or proceeds the slash.

OTOH, 040C looks eerily like the contents of address 0 (one of the PSW
fields).  Shouldn't LE setup, if there's no parm, point R1 -> A(DUMMY) where
DUMMY DC H'0'?