On 10/14/2010 12:57 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
We are planning to install new z10s into two data centers that do
not currently have mainframes. I'm not sure if we are planning to
have standalone tape drives (we will have vtls).

What is the process to install z/os 1.12 in this scenario? I was
hoping we could load some kind of starter system from the HMC and
use that to install the serverpac (or is it custompac?) from
shopzseries.

Greg Smith

Hey! New mainframe sites. Terrific!

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment