My manager has already been addressing this. We have greatly reduced the number
of exits. And we try to use products to do work instead of in-house. As an
example, we use CA-OPS/MVS's ability to do IEFUTL functionality for our UTL
work instead of a hand coded IEFUTL exit. We also use it to trap the SMF switch
to issue the START SMFDUMP command instead of IEFU29. We have a JES2 exit 20;
IKJEFF10 (in-house written by me); IKJEFF53 (IBM example); IEFACTRT (IBM
example); ARCTVEXT (CA1 example); FTCHKCMD (example modified to make IBM's ftp
server respond to some of RUNTCP's commands).

But "who will do this?" - I'd be open to helping sometime. But only for enough
pay to make it worth my while to mess with 1099 income reporting. I did the
consultant thing some time ago and did not enjoy the paperwork with the IRS.
But I don't want to be too successful! Don't want to reach the "magic"
$250,000/yr income and be classified as "rich".

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-691-6183 cell