From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Veena, Sridhar
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 1:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Space allocation question...

Hi,

I am trying to allocate dataset with 6672 cylinders of space across two volumes
as a primary extent. I am told that the allocation should look as shown below...

//DD1          DD  DSN=TEST.DATASET,

//             DISP=(,KEEP),

//             SPACE=(CYL,(3336,20)),

//             VOL=SER=(VOlUME1,VOLUME2)

I tried above allocation but I am getting just 3336 cylinders as initial
allocation. What could be wrong here? Should the volumes be non-SMS? If they
are SMS does it need some SMS rule to allocate primary space specified across
each of the volumes?! Please help.

Sridhar

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna