----------------------------------------<snip>--------------------------------------
There's a lot to be said for vocabulary enhancement. I'm tired of hearing that everything must be written for a 5th grade level audience. What ever happened to 'look it up'?
Vocabulary enhancement is one thing; obscurity is quite another. I don't happen to have the Oxford English Dictionary on my shelf. There's a lot to be said for clarity and using words that are seldom, if ever, used in today's communications does NOT contribute to clarity! :-)

Rick