Techie well wisher,

> Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. With TMM, of course it goes to
expensive
> z/os disk, but we do have the option of tiering within the array, such as
> using 1tb drives Raid6 and then hsm them to replicated vts later.
[Ron Hawkins]
That's not actually true. Cheaper midrange disk arrays can be virtualized by
DASD controllers using a plethora of cheaper brands and models, and TMM can
be tiered outside of the array without any appliance except the array
itself.

Internal SATA is an optional tier for those controllers that do not support
virtualization of Mainframe volumes.

Ron