Techie,

Your statement suggests that only internal drives have P-i-T IO consistency
with replication products like TrueCopy and HUR. This is not correct. For
virtualized midrange disks, synchronous and asynchronous replication is
handled by the Enterprise Array providing the virtualization, not the
midrange controller.

There is no difference in IO consistency at the recovery site whether you
use internal drives or virtualized midrange arrays for a TMM pool (or
anything else).

Ron

Behalf Of
> techie well wisher
> Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:56 AM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] VTFM vs TMM
>
> Tiering within the array is the best approach with replication.
Synchronous

<ron.hawkins1...@sbcglobal.net