I have no life. That's why I'm working from home on the major holiday here in
the U.S.

But I have noticed that some multiple line WTO messages repeat the message id
at the start of every line of the message, such as DFHSM's  ARC0833I message,
whereas other, such as IEC205I, do not have any message id on subsequent lines.
I've even noticed that VTAM puts a __different__ message number at the front of
each line of the message, depending on the content of that particular line. I
just never noticed this before. I think I prefer eithe DFHSM or VTAM's method.
It makes it easier to do an edit EXCLUDE and FIND to find all of the message
when I'm looking at SYSLOG either via SE on *MASTER* or our disk resident
holding area. We don't use OPERLOG because we are a __basic__ sysplex.

John McKown
Systems Engineer IV
IT

Administrative Services Group