Hi,

DSS DUMP supports COMPRESS/HWCOMPRESS keyword and I found out in my test
that HWCOMPRESS costs more CPU than COMPRESS.

Is it normal?

Currently we're dumping huge production data to tape and in order to
alleviate the tape channel utilization we need to compress the data before
writing to tape.  It works well but the cpu usage is a problem cause we have
many such backup jobs running simultaneously.

If hardware-assisted compression cannot reduce the cpu overhead,  I will
consider using resource group to cap those jobs.

Best Regards,
Johnny Luo