Hi

Yes,  it is a c library

On 12/2/2010 1:26 PM, Johnny Luo wrote:
Miklos,

What do you mean by 'zlib'? Is it free on z/OS?

Best Regards,
Johnny Luo

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Miklos Szigetvari<
miklos.szigetv...@isis-papyrus.com>  wrote:

    Hi

A few years ago I have tried with hardware compression,  as we are using
intensively the "zlib" library (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1950.txt) to
compress/expand .
Never got a proper answer, and  till now not clear,  in which case would
bring the hardware compression some CPU reduction