From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Scott Rowe
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 12:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Z10 BC SNA Console

That depends on how one configures the network.  My ICC configuration is not
dependent on the availability of a couple (redundant) small ethernet
switches.  The corporate network and LAN can go up and down all it wants,
and it doesn't affect my ICC configuration.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <
shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net <shmuel%2bibm-m...@patriot.net>> wrote:

> In <aanlkti=kannvfxobw8zmy2im6mpkko3gxxr0jts72...@mail.gmail.com>, on
> 12/01/2010
>    at 11:16 AM, Scott Rowe <scott.r...@joann.com> said:
>
> >ICC serves the same function.
>
> No, ICC relies on the availability of the LAN and IP networks.
>
> --
>      Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>     ISO position; see
> <http://patriot.net/~shmuel/resume/brief.html<http://patriot.net/%7Eshmuel/resume/brief.html>
> >
> We don't care. We don't have to care, we're Congress.
> (S877: The Shut up and Eat Your spam act of 2003)

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.