I've kind of muddled around this issue for years. I thought I would ask here
and get some more real answers. I know what I am asking about seems to work
but I don't know if it is technically correct.

Given a long-running program executing out of a PDS named MYLIBE:
//STEP1   EXEC PGM=PROGA
//STEPLIB DD   DSN=MYLIBE,DISP=SHR

Let's assume the program does not dynamically load any components from
MYLIBE on an ongoing basis (and is not an overlay structure -- those don't
exist anymore, right?).

1. Is it safe to copy or link/bind another program into the same PDS
specifying DISP=SHR?
//SYSLMOD DD DSN=MYLIBE(PROGB),DISP=SHR

2. Is it safe to copy or link/bind PROGA into the same PDS?
//SYSLMOD DD DSN=MYLIBE(PROGA),DISP=SHR

3. Is it safe to compress the PDS?

Do the answers to 1 and 2 change if MYLIBE is a PDSE instead of a PDS (and I
am assuming PDSE working as designed; I'm not asking about PDSE "bugs").

Does it matter whether PROGA is refreshable? Refreshment happens from page
backing, not the load library, right?

I can't see why the answer to 1, 2 and 3 should not be Yes. PROGA's bits are
already in memory and changing or moving them on disk should not matter. But
I am asking the wiser heads here.

Thanks,

Charles