On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:37:38 +0100, Thomas Berg wrote:

>My main dislike with IF..THEN etc. is that the resulting JCL
>is not easy to read (for me at least).  With a keyword at
>each EXEC it is at least more compact.  And You don't have to

FSVO "easy to read" and "compact".  Compare CM Poncelet's
realization of a compound condition (which he suggested) to
mine:

    http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1101&L=ibm-main&P=103415

>search for pairing the IF's with the ENDIF's etc.

IBM missed a useful, valuable, feature here by failing to
require that the label on ELSE and ENDIF match that on IF.

-- gil