Barbara - thanks for taking the time to respond.

>And how do they do it these days? Do they use the interfaces CSVDYNLPA and
>CSVDYNEXIT (or whatever that one's called)? Or do they do it the way it
was
>done before these interfaces became available - by altering addresses in
MVS
>control blocks?

I have no idea how TMON does this dynamic replacment.

>How did you determine that the iefactrt change was the reason for the
>freeze? What exactly does your actrt do? For which types of work (TSO,
STC,
>JES)?

Well, At the exact same time TMON's LPA utility was attempting to do its
load, the system froze. Too much of a coincidence? Possibly could have been
something else. I could not do a S/A dump to do a post mortem.
My ACTRT displays job stats for batch jobs in the JESMSGLG and the JESYSMSG

Regards

John Norgauer
University of California Davis Medical Center
2315 Stockton Blvd
ASB 1300
Sacramento, Ca 95817
916-734-0536

 SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING......  Guilty, until proven innocent !! "    JN  2004
"Hardware eventually breaks - Software eventually works"      anon