"The CA-11 support folks are pointing at Datacom, and the Datacom folks
back at CA-11".

That's one of my biggest complaints with this whole CA11/datacom nightmare,
the new release of CA11 is FORCING us to go to datacom but when you try to
ask a question or anything about how this all ties together, it's been too
much of the "well, you need to talk to this other group".

Sorry, rant mode off now.
Hopefully you had your issue resolved.

I'm still holding out hope for an alternative product to CA11. (and
anything else that might use datacom).