Hi James,

> Thanks for ur reply.
> But I get a compilation error which states-
>                                   18 STIMER   WAIT,BINTVL=VACATION
> ASMA141E  Bad character in operation code - WAIT,BINTVL=VACATION

First, what level of HLASM are you running? Or the operating system release?

Second, have you reviewed the Assembler Services Reference book:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea1a741/CCONTENT

I would also like to see the snippets of the generated code for the STIMER
instruction and your BINTVL=VACATION instruction.  That way we could see
what was actually generated by your system. Provide the output a couple of
lines before and after the area of interest.

Hope this helps,

Lizette Koehler