There is a typo---perhaps a reflection of too much C---here.

|          STIMER REAL,BINTVL==5*100

should be

|          STIMER REAL,BINTVL=5*100

In my pedantic fashion I prefer

|&five_secs seta 5*100           --BINTVL unit is 1/100 sec
|           STIMER REAL,BINTVL=&five_secs

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721-1817
USA

From: Gerhard Postpischil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Introducing delay in a assembler.
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:54:56 -0500

Jerry Ragland wrote:
In my assembler program I need to introduce a wait or delay for 5 seconds.
Is there any macro for doing it. I guess there is a WAIT macro but I dont
know how to use it. Is WAIT macro intended for that purpose ? Even when I
introduced the wait macro, I get a compilation error stating ECBLIST
required. But I am not using any ECBs in my program and I don't have the
knowledge of ECBs too.

Please help me in this situation. All I need is very simple, in the middle
of my program execution I need to introduce a WAIT of few seconds. How to
acheive this..

WAIT specifically delays until an event is complete, as denoted by POSTing an ECB. ECBLIST is used to specify more than one ECB.

For a simple delay, try:

        STIMER REAL,BINTVL==A(5*100)

BINTVL specifies that the requested interval is in units of 1/100th of a second, so 5*100 gives you 5 second. Please note that you may be delayed for more than five seconds if your system is heavily loaded; the request only enables your program to run after five seconds, but does not guarantee that it will be dispatched.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/