On Nov 25, 2005, at 2:07 AM, R.S. wrote:

You work for big shops. Majority of mainframe users is not sysplexed.
Probably almost every shop, even monplex use more than one systems (that's why we have LPARs). Probably many of them have NJE established, I don't know how many (*), nevermind. The question is how many of them use NJE to submit the jobs on regular basis.

(*) However I wonder if NJE is so popular for "everyday", "regular" use. Once upon a time I studied NJE RACF security, asked questions to RACF-L group. Limited number or answers indicated it's not very popular.

BTW: Here, in Poland, we have approx. 100 mainframe sites, and 140 CPCs. Only 4 (four) of them have production sysplexed. As numbers above show, many of them have one CPC. As far as I know, vast majority of them do not use NJE, even do not have NJE configured. Whole job's lifecycle is on same system.

About 20 years ago we had approximately 75 systems connected up via NJE (SNA & Bisync). These were *SEPARATE* companies (not connected by anything but a telco wire . The company I worked for had 2 sites (Chicago & NY) were connected up VIA NJE and there were thousands of jobs submitted on one system and sent to the other site everyday for execution.

We were a small-medium company yet had many connections across the US (mostly NY & west coast) .

Ed