On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Stan Weyman <stan.wey...@emc.com> wrote:
>  I take it the index cannot be built after the fact using a standard version
> of Adobe let alone just the reader right?  From your post I take it the
> author has to consider this ahead of time and 'attach' this index to the PDF
> somehow for distribution?  The CTRL-SHIFT-F that has been mentioned is nice
> but dreadfully slow...

Definitely not with the free standard version of Acrobat.

It may however be possible to create an index after the fact with an
"authoring" version of Acrobat.  There may be some dependencies on the
embedded security, etc. which were applied when the pdf was created.

Try searching on things like 'pdf index creation', etc.

Cheers,
Sam