heavy emphasis on the NOSCRATCH <g>

It is wise to keep in mind that neither
success nor failure is ever final...

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rob Schramm
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 12:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Indirect Cataloging

You can generate the entries manually

DEL SYS1.LINKLIB NOSCRATCH CAT(MASTER.CATALOG)
DEFINE NONVSAM(NAME(SYS1.LINKLIB) DEVT(X'0000') VOLUME(******))
CATALOG(NEW.MASTER.CATALOG)

You could use the MCNVTCAT utility on the CBT that will help you
generate the commands.

www.cbttape.org
File # 542 Alastair Gray-replacement for MCNVTCAT, other tools

You can do as Mark indicated just go to
http://www.mzelden.com/mvsutil.html and do a find on INDIRECR.TXT
(which looks simpler than using MCNVTCAT)

Of course if both these suggestions aren't clear, you may want to
retain someone to help guide you through the process.  I am sure there
are any number of folks (myself included) on IBM-MAIN open to contract
work.

Rob Schramm

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Mark Zelden <m...@mzelden.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 20:31:26 +0530, SAURABH KHANDELWAL
> <saurabh.khandel...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >            Thanks Mark. Can you please help me to setup this indirect
> >cataloging into my system. What are all steps has to be followed and
> >what are all dataset are required to be indirect cataloged.
> >

> If you take a list from the SYSRES vtoc (and take out data sets
> like VTOCIX) you can create the delete/define statements for IDCAMS
> with the help of the INDIRECR exec from my web site / CBT file 434.
>
> URL of my web site below ...
>
> --
> Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS
> mailto:m...@mzelden.com
> Mark's MVS Utilities: http://www.mzelden.com/mvsutil.html
> Systems Programming expert at http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/
>
> *** Please note the new URL for Mark's MVS Utilities ***

Rob Schramm
Senior Systems Engineer
w: 513.305.6224