> We currently have 4 L
> We are running a z10BC with 16GB of storage.

> We currently have 4 LPARS.
> They all have 3 GB defined.
> I would like to add 1 GB to each of the production LPARS (we have 2),
> and be able to add more storage to one of them if the need arises.

> What should I specify in the reserved storage section?

Update your LPARS' activation profiles as follows:

LPAR PROD1: CS=4096 MB, 2048 MB Reserved
LPAR PROD2: CS=4096 MB, 2048 MB Reserved
LPAR TEST1: CS=3072 MB, 2048 MB Reserved
LPAR TEST2: CS=3072 MB, 2048 MB Reserved

After you shutdown PROD1 and/or PROD2 and *before* you IPL, do a
Deactivate/Activate of the LPAR Image,

in order topick up above changes. Afterwards, you can IPL PROD1 and/or PROD2,
which will have 4096 MB of CS
and will be able to add up to 2048 MB of CS automagically, if needed.

> My next question is about the RSU parameter in IEASYS. What would be a good
>value for this?

RSU=OFFLINE in IEASYSxx gives you more flexibility.
See "z/OS Initialization & Tuning Reference" for your z/OS level forfurther
reference.

HTH

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer