For global settings, check the ISPF Configuration Table section of the ISPF
Planning and Customization manual (my copy is GC34-4814-08, chapter 2, figure
8).

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Donnelly, John P
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: TSO Profile NUM and PACK

We had some difficulties with a critical FTP transmission over this past
weekend caused by the 00000000 in card columns 73-80.

Our Application Business Manager has posed two questions:

Can you share with me any compelling reasons for the NUM ON and PACK ON?
If no compelling reasons, what can be done to make NUM OFF and PACK OFF as the
default in any programmer's profile?

Do we have a global setting that we might invoke?