From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Pierre Berrigan
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Is FDRTSEL abnormally slow?

My client is in the process of moving from 3590 tapes to a 7700 virtual 3490's.
Moving archive backup files produced by FDRABR is done with FDRTSEL; we
oberve durations between 7 and 17 hours per tape volume, with an average of
11 hours each...

Is that abnormally slow or is it me? Extrapolating to the 470 tape volumes we
need to move means a total duration of close to 1 year...

---
Pierre Berrigan