------------------------------------<snip>---------------------------------

Don't be sorry. I'm glad you said it. I had something happen the other day that
really made me laugh. The ratio of System Admins to system programmers here is
about 8 to 1. Management wanted us to start showing the admins the systems
aspect of z/os and the z10. One of the really bright guys came over and the
first thing he asked was when the system hangs how do I reboot it. I laughed
out loud and explained to him that we have scheduled IPL's once a week and
don't do reboots in the middle of the week. He really couldn't believe it.
BTDT, Mike. Our IPL interval was the first Sunday of each month, but our M$ boys were rebooting 2-3 times daily.

SYSPROG staff was 4, vs. 2 Admins for each server. Management argument was that M$ servers were less expensive than z-series but I wonder if they ever computed the "people costs"?

Rick