Dennis Trojak wrote:

Has anybody seen any updates to the 3/31/2007 date for End-of-Service on
z/OS 1.5? The IBM web site still has an "*" next to it indicating it has
not been officially announced yet.
Is there any offering available from IBM that will still get you z/OS
1.5 for those of us still stuck on G5 hardware?
Dennis..

The current plan is plan to provide central service for each z/OS release for three years after availability. This means our intent is to withdraw service in March 2007 for R5, but (as you found) we have not formally announced the end of service date. (Until we actually announce it there are no guarantees, of course, but I know which way I would personally bet.)

As we've discussed recently in another context, the EoS announcements are combined and (IIRC) scheduled twice a year. Assuming that plans do not change, I would expect to see R5's EoS announced officially in next summer's software service discontinuance announcement.

There are no offerings available for ordering z/OS R5 any more, I'm afraid, but you can always work with your account team if you need help for your particular situation to see whether they can find a way to help you.

I know this isn't a helpful comment for you, but for others who might be reading:

You can order the same version of a z/OS product for which you are already licensed at no additional charge. So if there is any significant possibility you will get stuck, it's in your best interest to order releases before they get withdrawn from marketing even if there is some chance that the order will sit on a shelf (physically or logically) and never be used. This can help you make sure you have a migration path from wherever you are to where you eventually go.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing