From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Gainsford, Allen
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 3:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: JCL: IF and ABEND

> Scott Ford said:
>
> What about this:
> //COND2 EXEC PGM=TCOND,PARM=11
> //A
> Allen:
>
> What about this:
> //COND2 EXEC PGM=SETCOND,PARM=U111
> //AA SET ABENDCC=U0111
> // IF (COND2.RUN=TRUE OR COND2.&ABENDCC=U0111) THEN
>
> Scott J Ford

I think you've misunderstood.  My problem is not with creating a return code;
that's very easy.  (As I said, we have a trivial utility that does it just
fine.)

My problem is how to use either IF statements, or CONDs (IF statements
preferred), to allow a job to continue if a particular step abends, but to
flush remaining steps if any further step abends.

Regards,
Allen