  From:       DanD <mvs-j...@sympatico.ca>

  To:         IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

  Date:       06/18/2011 10:16 AM

  Subject:    Re: Maintaining ISPF's command stack

Thanks for trying John and Elardus.

As I said, originally "DLGNAME;4" worked.
Now with...
    ISPLINK CONTROL,NONDISPL,ENTER,NOSETMSG
    ISPLINK DISPLAY,SYSVARS
the only way I can get it to work is to add extra stack characters...
    "DLGNAME;;;4"

I also tried "ISPLINK DISPLAY,SYSVARS,,,,ENDCMD" where ENDCMD is a variable

containing "END".
When I tried this, no number of stack characters would get me to option 4.
It appears that when the COMMAND option on the DISPLAY request is specified

the command stack is cleared and replaced with the the caller's variable
(ie. END).

If there was a Z variable that contained the command stack, I could prefix
that with "END".   Hmm..maybe there is such a variable.

Dan