-----Original Message----- From: Walt Farrell
Thanks, Dan. I had missed that you set it up so the installation or user
would alter a different panel. You could, of course, have them alter your
dialog's first actual panel, but I can see the benefit to using a separate one.

I think you'll find that CONTROL NONDISPL is -not- altering the command
stack. Rather, in "DIALOG;4" I think you'll find that the ";4" is the
response to the first panel the dialog does a DISPLAY for, and it does not
matter that you've done a CONTROL NONDISPL. The important thing is you did a
DISPLAY, and the ";4" is returned to that panel.

I have a couple of suggestions:
(1) If USERINFO has a panel body, then the stacked command would be
available in the panel's command field (first input field in the body, or
some other input field named by  )BODY CMD(field-name). Have the )PROC
section return that field value to your dialog.

(2) Or, possibly, if USERINFO's )BODY statement specifies CMD() (indicating
there is no command field) then USERINFO won't capture the stacked command
at all.

--
Walt
---

Walt,

The )BODY section of the USERINFO panel does contain CMD().
As it is never displayed it only contains a single line of blanks with an attribute byte as the 1st character. You get an error when you have a null )BODY section.

Are you saying that the ";4" is returned with the display of he USERINFO panel, even though the user will never actually see this panel? That doesn't sound logical to me.

When I zap the code to branch around the call to the module that CONTROL,NONDISPL/DISPLAY's the USERINFO panel the "DIALOG;4" works as I would expect...option 4 is selected from the first DISPLAYed panel. When the CONTROL,NONDISPL/DISPLAY code is invoked, to get the same results I have to enter "DIALOG;;;4" (why 2 extra simicolons?).
Does this sound like a bug to you?   Is a PMR suggested?

I'll see if I can create this same scenario with a panels & a CLIST. If so, I have something to submit with the PRM.

Thanks,
Dan